SDS100 True I/Q™ Digital Handheld Scanner
Uniden creates another first with the SDS100 True I/Q Scanner and digital TrunkTracker communications receiver. Receiver incorporates the HomePatrol database of all known radio systems in the USA and Canada. Programming it can be as simple as entering your zip code. It’s True I/Q™ receiver provides for improved digital performance in challenging RF environments. Built to JIS4 f(IPX4) standards, it is rugged and weather resistant. Its customizable color display allows access to the information you want to see. The SDS100’s digital performance is better than any other scanner in both simulcast and weak-signal environments.
The SDS100 is also the first scanner that allows you to decide what to display, where, and in what color. Custom fields put the information important to you right where you need it.
- HomePatrol Database – Includes all known radio systems in the US and Canada. The database is updatable with the Sentinel software and Uniden updates the main database weekly.
- Water Resistant (JIS4/IPX4) – Resistant to dust and damage caused by splashing water from any direction (when all jack covers are in place).
- Customizable Color Display – You can set the display color for each field in the display. Additionally, for many fields you can select the information provided.
- True I/Q™ Receiver – Designed to improve digital performance in even the most challenging RF environments. An I/Q receiver captures the complete signal waveform in 3 dimensions, allowing for improved digital error correction and signal recovery.
- Location-Based Scanning – Allows you to set your location by zip/postal code or GPS coordinates for instant reception. The Auto-locate feature will determine your general location if you don’t know where you are.
- Favorites Scan – Allows you to organize your Systems into Favorites Lists. The scanner can scan any combination of Favorites Lists and the Full Database.
- microSD card (provided - 1 GB up to 32 GB supported) – For storing Favorites Lists, Profiles, all your settings, Discovery sessions, and recording sessions.
- GPS Compatible – Connect to a GPS receiver (not included) for precise system selection and continuing reselection when you travel. The scanner will automatically select what to scan based on your current location as provided by an external GPS unit.
- Range Control – Lets you set how far out from your current location the scanner will search for channels in Favorites Lists and the database.
- TrunkTracker X Operation – Scans APCO 25 Phase 1 and Phase 2, X2-TDMA, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR trunked systems, as well as conventional analog and P25 digital channels. Optional upgrades add multiple types of NXDN and DMR trunking, as well as EDACS ProVoice decoding.
- Instant Replay – Plays back up to 240 seconds (4 minutes) of the most recent transmissions.
- Audio Recording – Capture transmissions for later playback.
- Custom Alerts – You can program your scanner to alert when you receive a Channel or Unit ID, a Close Call hit, an ID is transmitted with an Emergency Alert, or a Tone-out hit. For each alert, you can select from 9 different tone patterns, 15 volume settings, 7 colors, and 3 flash patterns.
- Multicolor LED Alert – The alert LED with 7 colors, Blue, Red, Magenta, Green, Cyan, Yellow, or White, can be used with your Custom Alerts.
- Trunking Discovery – Monitors system traffic on a trunked radio system to find unknown IDs and automatically records audio from and logs new channels for later review and identification.
- Conventional Discovery – Searches a range of frequencies to find unknown frequencies and automatically records audio from and logs new channels for later review and identification.
- Scan by Service Types – Scan your channels by Service Type i.e. Fire, Police, Railroad, etc.
- Multi-Level Display and Keypad light – Makes the display and keypad easy to see in dim light with multiple backlight levels.
- Temporary or Permanent Avoid – For Systems/Sites/Departments/Channels.
- System/Channel Number Tagging – Number tags allow you to quickly navigate to a specific Favorites List, System, or Channel.
- Start-up Configuration – You can program each of your Favorites Lists with a Startup Key (0-9) so that when you power up the scanner and press the key number, just those Favorites Lists assigned to the key will be enabled for scan.
- Close Call© RF Capture Technology – Lets you set the scanner so it detects and provides information about nearby radio transmissions. Close Call Do-not-Disturb checks for Close Call activity in between channel reception so active channels are not interrupted.
- Broadcast Screen – Allows the scanner to ignore search and Close Call hits on known broadcast frequencies including pager frequencies. You can also program up to 10 custom frequency ranges that the scanner ignores.
- Fire Tone-Out Standby/Tone Search – Lets you set the scanner to alert you if a two-tone sequential page is transmitted. You can set up to 32 Tone-Outs. The scanner will also search and display unknown tones.
- PC Programming – Use the Sentinel software to manage your scanner’s Profiles, Favorites Lists, Databases, and firmware updates.
- Priority/Priority w/DND Scan – priority channels let you keep track of activity on your most important channels while monitoring other channels for transmissions.
- Priority ID Scan – Allows you to set priority to talkgroup IDs
- Intermediate Frequency Exchange – Changes the IF used for a selected channel/frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-product interference on a frequency.
- Individual Channel Volume Offset – Allows you to adjust the volume offset for each channel.
- Configurable Band Defaults – Allows you to set the step (5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz) and modulation (AM, FM, NFM, WFM, or FMB) for 31 different bands.
- Repeater Find – Allows the scanner to try to switch to the repeater frequency if an input frequency is found.
- Adjustable Scan/Search Delay/Resume – Set a delay up to 30 seconds or a forced resume up to 10 seconds for each channel or search.
- Data Naming – Allows you to name each Favorites List, System, Site, Department, Channel, ID, Location, Custom Search, and SAME group, using up to 64 characters.
- Duplicate Input Alert – Alerts you if you try to enter a name or frequency already stored.
- Quick Keys – You can assign up to 100 Quick Keys to your Favorites Lists, Systems, Departments, and Sites.
- Search Avoids – You can temporarily Avoid up to 250 frequencies and permanently Avoid up to 250 frequencies in any Search mode or Close Call mode.
- 10 Custom Searches – Lets you program up to 10 custom search ranges.
- Search with Scan Operation – Lets you include Custom Search ranges during scan operation.
- 3 Search Keys – You can assign 3 of the number keys to start a Custom Search, Tone-Out Search, or Close Call Search.
- Quick Search – Allows you to start searching at the displayed frequency or enter a frequency and start searching.
- SAME Weather Alert/Priority – Lets your scanner alert you when a SAME alert is transmitted on a NOAA weather channel. You can also set a weather channel as a priority channel.
- Built-in Battery Charger – Allows you to charge the rechargeable batteries in the scanner from any USB port.
|25.0000||26.9600||AM||5||Petroleum Products & Broadcast Pickup|
|26.9650||27.4050||AM||5||CB Class D Channel|
|27.4100||27.9950||AM||5||Business & Forest Products|
|28.0000||29.6800||NFM||20||10 Meter Amateur Band|
|29.7000||49.9900||NFM||10||VHF Low Band|
|50.0000||53.9800||NFM||20||6 Meter Amateur Band|
|54.0000||71.9500||WFM||50||VHF TV Broadcast 2 – 4|
|72.0000||75.9500||FM||5||Intersystem & Astronomy|
|76.0000||87.9500||WFM||50||VHF TV Broadcast 5 – 6|
|137.0000||143.9875||NFM||12.5||Military Land Mobile|
|144.0000||147.9950||NFM||5||2 Meter Amateur Band|
|148.0000||150.7875||NFM||12.5||Military Land Mobile|
|150.8000||161.9950||NFM||5||VHF High Band|
|174.0000||215.9950||FWM||50||TV Broadcast 7 – 13|
|216.0000||224.9800||NFM||20||1.25 Meter Amateur Band|
|225.0000||379.9750||AM||25||UHF Aircraft Band|
|380.0000||399.9875||NFM||12.5||Trunked Military Band|
|406.0000||419.9875||NFM||12.5||Federal Government Band|
|420.0000||449.9875||NFM||12.5||70 cm Amateur Band|
|450.0000||469.9875||NFM||12.5||UHF Standard Band|
|758.0000||787.99375||NFM||6.25||Public Service Band|
|788.0000||805.99375||NFM||6.25||Public Service Band|
|806.0000||823.9875||NFM||12.5||Public Service Band|
|849.0125||868.9875||NFM||12.5||Public Service Band|
|894.0125||960.0000||NFM||12.5||Public Service Band|
|1240.0000||1300.0000||NFM||25||25 cm Amateur Band|
- When you select AUTO for a channel or modes modulation or step, the above values are used unless you’ve edited the Band Defaults.
- Steps can be selected from 5/6.25/7.5/8.33/10/12.5/15/20/25/50/100/AUTO (kHz).
- Although TV bands are listed, the scanner cannot decode digital TV audio.